Monday, December 3, 2012

REMEMBERING THE CARDBOARD FIREPLACE

                                     
                                         Nostalgic Fireplace


December 3, 2012. 

It is quite cold in Memphis this morning; I awoke around 3 am and then plain got up at 4. 

I am thinking of an especially  beautiful time among Christmas memories. 

More than 40 years ago we had a cardboard fireplace we used for Christmas in this very house. 

We put it against the west wall of our dining room. I remember Roy, ben(son), and I would sit on the floor right in front of it and just gaze at the pretend fire. It was made by one light bulb, behind turning wheel of red, yellow, orange, behind a cardboard simulation of fire. We could almost feel its warmth.

 We just sat there and looked at our special fire for a long time usually after supper when it got dark.!!! 

I don't know what happened to that cardboard fireplace; I still have it in my memory...a sweet memory, indeed.!

Just saying...as I remember...love, annie

If you have a memory you want to share, send it and I'll add it to my blog. Meanwhile....be enjoying every single day. God is good. Blessed be the name of the Lord.
                 old7lady9blogger80@google.com
********************************************************
********************************************************

2 comments:

  1. Ben(son) was just talking about that fireplace yesterday; hope Roy remembers it too.
    When I was growing up on Decatur St., we had a real fireplace in the living room. But we NEVER HAD ONE FIRE IN IT!! haha. There was a reason, but I honestly don't remember what. Just saying....annie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comment from son, Roy. He said we left it up til March. haha. Well, maybe we did. We sure liked it.!!

    ReplyDelete