Sunday, March 10, 2013

SHIRLEY CALDWELL REMEMBERS LEROY & HONORS THE LORD

Many of you read my blog entry about my little brother, WILLIAM LEROY CALDWELL, who died December 22. He was 75. It had one of the largest numbers of viewers I have ever had!!

Before his death, Shirley was already involved in sewing  to help &/or encourage others. She was already making pillow case dresses to send to young girls in Guatemala. 

Leroy sometimes washed and ironed the pillow cases. Shirley always dreamed of having a large sewing room where other women could join her in this endeavor. Not long before he died they did find a house with a large room suitable for the task. 

v



Yesterday, seven women came at 9 am and filled that sewing room with laughter and joy. They stopped for lunch then worked the rest of the day.
               
They made 7 adorable dresses; Shirley was not only blessed with a sense of satisfaction but also blessed with plain old fun!! The ministry will branch out and  "SOW AND SEW"  other things always for others.

vv


The yard can be seen  through the large glass area of the sewing room. Recently Shirley looked out and saw two birds seemingly flying away from each other but came together again. It was so reassuring to be reminded that she and Leroy will indeed be together again. Meanwhile, I know Leroy is pleased with the Sow and Sew ministry. 
v
   
Love, annie in memphis...God is good ALL THE TIME!!!

4 comments:

  1. Shirley did send me great pictures, but, alas, I can't seem to get them on the blog...maybe later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the pics disappeared....too bad. The blog is free but still it is bothersome when one day the pics are on there and the next they disappeared....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think google is kidding me...pics are back again. haha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I removed the pics which didn't show and replaced them with pics of the darling dresses, which I hope DO SHOW!!! lOVE, ANNIE

    ReplyDelete