Saturday, March 9, 2013

SNOT RAG

Have you ever in your life seen a snot rag...? I don't mean a dainty handkerchief that has been discreetly soiled from blowing one's nose. I mean a real SNOT RAG!!!  Well, I have lived to see and tell about it.

One day as Ben and I were driving over some Kentucky roads...(we so loved those Kentucky roads,)we were having trouble finding what we were looking for. We saw a fiesty farm woman out getting her mail, so we waved and called to her. 

She was wearing a nice print dress with a very large rag attached across the top of it by a huge safety pin. Yes, she did know exactly what we were looking for and started right in with the directions. Suddenly she grabbed on her rag (and without missing a word) she blew her nose.!!!!!

I was somewhat aghast, until it hit me...she was actually so friendly and gracious and not in the least self conscious about her snot rag.
Without the least embarrassment, she waved us goodbye with a big grin on her face.

I am finally coming out of my cold and this memory came to mind.
I learned a lesson that day...not sure what...but I learned something. Just saying. 

She was too modest to let Ben make her picture. But this is sort of how her farm house looked. A nice memory of a friendly woman~
Snot-rag is actually in the Webster's Dictionary. Dudn't that beat all??
annie in memphis

No comments:

Post a Comment