Monday, June 10, 2013

HANGING OUT WITH JUDI DENCH (I wish!!)

As you can see, I ended the title of this entry with "I wish."

My life long friend, Beth Jones, ( who died a few years ago) and I loved AS TIME GOES BY.
 
Beth is in the center and Charlotte on left and me on right...1950 IN FRONT OF HUMES HIGH SCHOOL;
we three were born about the same time as Judi Dench, her husband, Michael Williams, and ATGB writer Bob Larbey. So we felt a time connection with them.

We watched and then discussed every episode. Bob Larbey (b.1934) is the comedy writer genius who gave us such reason to laugh. Judi Dench (b. 1934) 
 gives me great optimism as to what an older person CAN DO, even if I don't.
 v v

Anyway. Beth and I had heard about A FINE ROMANCE. We were not surprised that it was also written by Bob Larbey. 


But we didn't know how to go about finding this earlier show. A few nights ago I saw that almost all the episodes are on You Tube. "Beth, here is what we were looking for," I exclaimed!!  Wish she and I could talk about it. But that not being possible, I am talking about it with you, dear Blog Friends. 
Bob Larbey

I was sitting alone at the computer while I watched this. Then I heard myself laughing, no CACKLING, out loud when I saw this episode. I was especially happy to see her husband, Michael Williams..who plays the part of Mike so superbly.  1935-2001
Learning these renown Shakespearean actors could have such perfect timing for hilarious humor amazes me. And I was sad at the same time, because her beloved husband died 12  years ago.


Take a look. 
It begins mildly funny and then gets funnier & funnier, then goes over the top in the restaurant scene, where Mike hopes to propose.


                   

If you have any comments I would so love to hear them.
old7lady9blogger80@gmail.com
with love, annie



No comments:

Post a Comment