Friday, May 24, 2013

HANGING OUT IN COLORADO FOR TWENTY MINUTES

    Colorado???What you say? You thought we live in Memphis...Well for the last fifty years we have lived back in Memphis. But when Roy was born and Ben was a toddler, we lived in Ft. Collins, Colorado. Ben taught at Colorado State, his first teaching job since Tulane.
                  
             We were so young...and though near penniless..quite happy. Colorado was such a beautiful place to live. Every weekend we drove up into the mountains and had so much fun...the four of us!  Out parents were not in good health, and when the opportunity came for Ben to work at University of Memphis (Memphis State) we happily came back but leaving a little of our hearts in Colorado. We remained in Memphis....but not entirely tied to it.
Memphis, TN : Riverside Dr.

Some days, like this one, are truly beautiful in Memphis. It is cool but sunny and the sky is so blue. It reminds me of a day Lydia's Paw Paw took her to the orthodontist. I went along; but Ben waited in the car for us. He simply didn't feel like going upstairs. 

When Lydia and I returned, the car window was open and Ben's eyes were closed.  I remember there was a gentle breeze like today. Then he shook himself and said he had just had a wonderful visit in our (beloved) New Mexico, which we had visited so very many times. He said he felt so refreshed.

 I told him if I lived longer than he, I would do that, myself. From time to time, I would close my eyes and have a sweet trip like he had...and he would be in the visit too.

So I just did that...I was hanging out in Colorado for the last twenty minutes and I too am refreshed by sweet memories of our time there.

Just sayin',
love, annie

1 comment:

  1. If you have had a similar experience you would like to share, just tell me about it.
    old7lady9blogger80@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete