Wednesday, May 15, 2013

MORE FROM RECENT GUEST BLOGGER: DOROTHY FINLEY

Today I got this wonderful e-mail from my couisin, Dot Finley. Recently she was a guest blogger "From One Mother to Another." Some of you will reeeely love reading this; I did. Love, annie


                           Dorothy Finley
Let me tell you what has happened since I wrote what I thought was ‘my final report “. First my son, John , complained , Mom what did you mean by that title—he found that rather unfriendly! Then a few others said how much they would miss hearing from us---I really thought I was doing everyone a favor by ceasing telling “news” they may not find interesting. After all was said I decided I would write occasionally but give those not interested permission to just delete without reading----with my blessings!
I’ve been thinking about our life style and realizing how my plan for living by the road and being a friend to all has fallen off the tracks. After accompanying Bud to all therapy I just find I don’t have the strength to do the many things I think about. BUT NOW  I’ve thought of a new plan. Let me tell you about it and you tell me if I am “Nuts or Normal” LOL. I guess my thoughts are always concerning the plight of the aged and the children. I’ve heard so many old folks wish for certain foods that they never have but would love to eat again.  I remember Grandmother Finley & her roommate age 90+   in a nursing home in Pecos ,TX wishing for fried fish. I’m thinking that in our little town there are some who would love some old fashioned soups and vegetables or meat suitable for ole teeth to chew!  I’m planning to talk to a woman in our church who works tirelessly with those people, who knows the needs and I would like to be her silent partner . I can cook if I take my time and don’t get stressed. As for the children ---I worry about summer meals for them and food for infants. When we shop I see the prices I wonder how families are eating every day. My friend, Louinen, will know how I can connect with this woman. I know most of you are already at work in your churches so I’m expecting lots of suggestions and great ideas!
I loved my Mother’s Day this year—planned for me by our awesome 3- Sherrie, Kay and John-and executed by Kay and husband Bill. Mmmmm filet mignon and fresh salmon perfectly grilled by SIL Bill and other delicious eats to numerous to mention. We ate most of the day ,welcomed our two GKids, Garrett & Brett from college—UTX Dallas and North TX. Unfortunately GGbaby Maddie not with us.
We are getting a little rain this morning and looking out at the yard and trees is a beautiful sight.  Some people plant gorgeous flowers but we have chosen to leave just our 2 groves of trees in the back and wide span of green grass.
 As a reward we get to see into the pasture that adjoins us and see the cows, horses, deer etc. Every year we see mother deer place their babies safely under out trees while they graze nearby. 


                                                 Brown Bunny Rabbit

Jack rabbits come late in the evening to eat grass, one jack rabbit is very old.
It’s so easy to see Gods work in such a place
Well when I get to the weather I know it is time to end and today I get to wait the hour at S&W Round Rock heart therapy -11to12 and another hour at Georgetown for shoulder therapy.1to 2.  I’m tired already
Dot


No comments:

Post a Comment