Sunday, June 3, 2012

BOBBY BARBARA SMITH RESPONDS TO ANNIE'S FIRST PIANO!!.

Hi, again Everyone. I have a guest writer on this blog entry. She is responding to what I wrote about my first piano the other day.
 Bobby is a composer, singer, guitarist and all around wonderful gal I have come to know on Face Book. Here she is!! 

Bobby Smith has left a new comment on your post "MY FIRST PIANO 1940": 

My Mother always had an old upright piano. She played shaped notes,and so that was my first introduction to

 reading music. Much later in school, I learned the modern method. I learned some piano, but was never still 

long enough to apply myself. I'd much rather gather the neighborhood kids, on a porch, and perform. I guess I 

was producing shows, even in my childhood :)

My oldest son, Jim is the keyboard pro in the family & also has a wonderful voice, but all my children have music in their blood.

My daughter Angie, sings in a style,much like Jewel, and Dave, was my drummer. Oh how he loved music. It was his release from the troubles of the world, and he had many in his short 46 years of life.

Funny how a memory can change, once you lose someone. I can remember late light chats on phone & computer, with Dave sharing songs,cranking up his music, and me nodding off on the other end of the phone. 

There wasn't much conversation, just Dave spinning his favorite tunes, and singing along.
What I wouldn't give for one of those late night songfest now, and I know ones coming once my journey on Earth is complete.

For now, I treasure those memories, and on occasion a song will come on the radio, one of Dave's favorites...I stop what I'm doing,close my eyes, and I can hear him, feel him, singing along at the top of his lungs, sharing his music with Mom. 



I am sure you all agree that this was so beautiful. Just wish I had a video to play.Thank you, Bobby. I love you, annie
*****************************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment