Wednesday, June 27, 2012

PROCRASTINATION by WILLIAM BENJAMIN BREWER 1933-2012

You might well ask why I would begin this blog entry with a Picasso painting when my own husband was such a gifted artist. Well, he didn't paint anything that would describe procrastination at all...and this girl asleep at a table does!! Sort of like the way I have been...still numb, still sort of asleep after Ben's death.
Woman Asleep at a Table

I was going through the simple note book of my husband's pen written poems, and I found this one speaking to me,  PROCRASTINATION!!  It was exactly what I needed to read. Yesterday was the first time I had seen the poem; today I am sharing it with you.
 As a widow I find myself wanting to put things off..one more week, one more day..when I shouldn't dilly dally but proceed. Thank you sweet Ben.


                     PROCRASTINATION
It often seems
That neither one will do:
There's six in one, etcetera,
So at this time
I'll just do neither
Put decision off.
      But NO!
Doing nothing
Just for now
Can make or break a man.
Every moment requires option,
Is a choice per force;
Nothing is but has its counter!
       Procrastination is election,
Leads one to tomorrow
With all options taken.
                  *********
I am publishing this especially for his progeny:
Ben, Roy, Anna, Lydia, William, Eva and Demi and of course "I needed that!" more than anyone.


Thank you sweet Ben.   








                         

No comments:

Post a Comment