Saturday, June 9, 2012

LUCY & ETHEL MADE ME LAUGH OUT LOUD TODAY!!

Lucille Ball was born in 1911, the same year as my mother. Yet when I first started watching her show I LOVE LUCY,  I was in college. Strange that I thought of her as near my own age.  
I Love Lucy Poster 

The Caldwell family watched every week. The series ran from 1951(the year I graduated from high school) to 1957 (the year Ben and I married.) So I have a warm memory of my family laughing  together; and in remembering certain episodes today, I find myself laughing out loud!!
I was surprised to learn that when 23 (in 1934) she was in a THREE STOOGES movie. I wonder if any of their stuff rubbed off on her, because she later did some pretty wacky comedy, herself.

Here is the one that made me laugh again today.
I found that although, Lucy was actually beautiful, she still could be so funny. And when looking sort of ugly was needed for a laugh, she didn't mind. 
 Not many women will do that. 
I loved all the cast.

I  took to heart the episode when Dezi was jumping on Lucy for not being more careful about money. She needed to make a budget and show it to him. It was something like this: 
Thread, handkerchief, hand lotion--$6.00 Miscellaneous--$400.00. 
It made sense to me and I have recalled it often.
So to everyone who has given me laughs in the past and especially for  laughs for today, I say
THANK YOU!! 
Love, annie   old7lady9blogger80@gmail.com

*****************************************

No comments:

Post a Comment